Thursday, August 30, 2012

Jean Vanier and Some Other Wise Guys

If what I'm posting seems really contradictory to some of the ways I've been speaking in past posts, it's because it is. I am messy. But I'm okay with that. I am trying to learn and discover and become.

"To love someone is to show them their beauty, their worth and their importance." -Jean Vanier

"I am struck by how sharing our weakness and difficulties is more nourishing to others than sharing our qualities and successes." -Jean Vanier

"When we love and respect people, revealing to them their value, they can begin to come out from behind the walls that protect them." -Jean Vanier

"Nothing is easier than to denounce the evildoer; nothing is more difficult than to understand him." -Fyodor Dostoevsky

"A Christian community should do as Jesus did: propose and not impose. Its attraction must lie in the radiance cast by the love of brothers." –Jean Vanier

"Perfect love means to love the one through whom one became unhappy." -Soren Kierkegaard

No comments: