Monday, August 15, 2011

Nordic Walking

Our first exchange student and her family are visiting from Germany this week and they told me about this bizarre sport that's gaining popularity in Germany and all over Europe -- Nordic walking. They didn't really understand the appeal of it -- basically it's just walking, but with ski poles in your hands. My German sister's brother and I decided to test it out for ourselves to figure out if there was something amazing about it that we were missing in the description, so we scavenged the basement for ski poles and went for a walk around the block barefoot. I think the appeal must lie in the high one gets from making a fool of themselves because the only thing that made the exercise better for my body was the ab workout I got from laughing so hard. We also tried our hand at Nordic running. That was a sight to see. :)



No comments: