Saturday, July 27, 2019

July Top 10

1. Scrambling up cathedral toward the summit of Katahdin in Maine

2. The feeling of jumping in the Kennebec river and being swept down the fast flowing waterway with my extended family (in a way that is not terrifying because there's also a raft that's flowing just as fast right nearby me). Also, I totally thought about not jumping in because I didn't want to get cold/wet, so another aspect of this that feels important to name and remember is that I never really regret jumping in and doing the things that I'm a little bit hesitant to do for lame reasons.

3. Organizing closets that haven't been organized for years

4. Going to work every day with Adam.

5. "Paradise by the Dashboard Lights" by Meatloaf (specifically, singing it to my 9-month old housemate Francis over breakfast)

6. Taking trains & going on adventures alone

7. The grey tank top I bought in Norway when my luggage was lost / being able to wear said tank top outside in the shade and not be cold

8. Teaching Francis how to return my eskimo kisses

9. Daydreaming about doing yard work (not necessarily actually doing it)

10. Things that help me be a better consumer (like black-owned business listings & The Better World Shopping Guide)

No comments: