Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Pigtails

Man, it's been a really rough semester. But something in me decided on Monday that it was going to be a good week, and even though the unpredictable craziness hasn't stopped, it's somehow been more than bearable. The past two days have been filled with some kind of genuine and fecund peace that has fidgeted its way in. Just thought I ought to take the time to recognize it and celebrate it.

There are a lot of big things for me to be thankful for right now. But I have found that the greatest thing about authentic thankfulness for big things is that it manifests itself in appreciative delight for exceedingly small things. And right now I am feeling thankful for pigtails & maple syrup & funny sounding words like "frumpy."

As it is the realest kind that comes from my heart, I like to think that simple glee is the language of gratitude that falls most sweetly on God's ears.

No comments: